Thaxted Festival is seeking an individual to take a lead role in the organisation of one of Britain’s most successful local festivals. Reporting to the Chairman and the Festival Foundation Board, they will work closely with our volunteer teams across all functions of planning, promoting and mounting this annual music festival which takes place over four weekends in June and July each year in Thaxted Parish Church.
• Operating and maintaining box-office systems (including data management and protection).
• Working with directors to implement communications with audiences across web, email and social media platforms. Involvement in marketing planning and content with external suppliers.
• Assisting in preparing and organising printed promotion, including brochures, leaflets, posters, etc., and coordinating distribution. Booking and placing advertising in local media.
• Coordinating with volunteer teams throughout the year, and especially in the preparation and running of the Festival season.
• Keeping records of artists’ engagement terms, as agreed by the Board and Artistic Director. Supporting the Artistic Director in contacts with artists, agents, etc.
• Making bookings with Thaxted Parish Church, rehearsal and green room venues, key individuals, etc.
• Arranging catering for receptions and events.
• Maintaining office records of correspondence, documentation, images, etc.
• Business resilience - maintaining key contacts, IT liaison.
• Dealing with external bodies, including PRS, Orchestras Live, grant-making bodies, councils, Making Music, etc.
• Monitoring budget expenditure and dealing with financial matters, with the Hon Treasurer.
• Preparing information for the Festival Foundation Board and reporting as required.
Qualifications and Skills
Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as a knowledge of Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is essential. Training will be given in Festival systems.
You will need to be highly organised, clear thinking and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and/or apply. We look forward to hearing from you!